Braces Friendly Foods Restaurant Series | La Parilla Suiza
This restaurant is known for its authentic Mexican food. Lets try to see if there are any yummy braces friendly foods here. Hmmmm, maybe not the carne asada right!
- Consome de Pollo-No. 2 (a.k.a. Chicken soup), $1.99 cup: The soup is a little salty but not bad—add the provided lime for flavor. The chicken in it is quite soft. Not the best chicken soup I’ve had—mediocre.
- Sopa de Tortilla a la Suiza (a.k.a. chicken Tortilla soup), $4.99 bowl: The chicken is quite tender too.
- Refried Beans, $1.50 side: This refried beans taste pretty good not to mention it is extra soft for those who just had braces put on or those who have bite ramps or bite props.
- Enchiladas Suizas-No.35 (Chicken), $10.99: This Enchiladas is mild tasting and the chicken is tender too, I like this one although it is not as good as our own Creamy Green Chile Chicken Enchilada and especially the Mexican Tomato Rice . I would cut up the Enchiladas into small pieces before eating.
- Chicken Enchiladas con Mole-No. 36, $10.99: I’ve had good Moles and bad Moles in the past. This one is too rich for my taste and a little bitter. Nonetheless, the chicken is also quite tender to chew on.
- Crispy tortilla chips, free: It is standard at La Parilla Suiza to be served crispy tortilla chips and 3 different types of salsa dips. The green, red and chunky salsas are all very good tasting. Unfortunately, please try to avoid eating chips when you have braces on. Those wearing Invisalign can eat it.
- Consome de Pollo-No. 2 (a.k.a. Chicken soup), $1.99 cup: Braces friendly.
- Sopa de Tortilla a la Suiza (a.k.a. chicken Tortilla soup), $4.99 bowl: Braces friendly.
- Refried Beans, $1.50 side: Braces friendly, extra soft.
- Enchiladas Suizas-No.35 (Chicken), $10.99: Braces friendly.
- Chicken Enchiladas con Mole-No. 36, $10.99: Braces friendly.
- Crispy tortilla chips, free: Not braces friendly, don’t do it.
Discussion & Summary:
La Parilla Suiza is a perennial favorite among local Tucsonans and I can see why, in general their food is authentic Mexican and offers several braces friendly foods. I would come again another day.
PS: Please cut up food into small bite sized pieces.
PSS: don’t forget to brush teeth and braces after eating.
Your friendly local Tucson orthodontist, Dr. Leo Toureno