Braces Friendly Foods Series | Caramelized Banana Pancake
Although not many braces friendly foods are healthy, this all-day breakfast Banana Pancake should satisfy all the healthy appetites with orthodontic braces. It is also very quick and easy to make.
- 1 small banana
- 1 cup Krusteaz Buttermilk instant pancake mix
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons Chia seeds
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon powder
- Spray of oil or 1 teaspoon of margarine
- 2-3 tablespoons of Maple syrup
- Cut banana into small pieces
- Mix Krusteaz pancake mix with cold water.
- Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon powder
- Add banana pieces and Chia seeds. Then mix with whipper, it is OK to smash the bananas a little into the batter. Note that Krusteaz suggests not to overmix, with the batter being slightly lumpy.
- Spray a little oil or use a little margarine to cover pan.
- Pour some batter into pan and heat until golden brown on each side.
- Place on plate and sprinkle more cinnamon and maple syrup. Top with more fresh banana.
Discussion & Summary:
Eat right away as the caramelized banana tastes best when it is hot–it just melts in your mouth—Yummy! I like to add Chia seeds whenever I can to add fiber and essential oils to my diet, see my other blog on the benefits of chia seeds. In addition, I use an oil atomizer called Misto to use oil sparingly. You can also top it with other fruits such as blueberries and strawberries. This is so easy to make, your breakfast don’t have to take too much time to make.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
PS: Please cut up food into small bite sized pieces.
PSS: don’t forget to brush teeth and braces after eating.
Your friendly local Tucson orthodontist, Dr. Leo Toureno