Tucson & Sahuarita AZ Just Smile Orthodontics
Braces Friendly Food Series | Rotisserie Chicken Croissant
Busy moms and dads who have kids in orthodontic braces will love this easy to put together meal. Rotisserie chicken and Croissant: who doesn’t like them? Put them together and BAM…you have a dynamite meal in an instant that is braces friendly.
- Rotisserie Chicken Salad, from Costco (figure 2) ~$12
- Croissant, 12 pieces, from Costco (figure 3) ~$6
- Cut the Croissant in half as shown (figure 4)
- Toast the croissant in the toaster oven until the skin is crispy darkish brown.
- Insert the rotisserie chicken salad into the croissant pocket and cut in half
Discussion & Summary:
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Pair this yummy braces friendly sandwich with your favorite fruit, such as red grapes as pictured (figure 1). Please cut the croissants in halves using serrated knives as a plain knife may not cut nicely and may even ruin the pocket you’re trying to create. I think that toasting the croissant in the toaster oven is very critical to bring out the full flavor of the pastry bread. In my opinion, a croissant that is not toasted just doesn’t bring out its flavorful potential and is just not as good. Eat it soon as a soggy croissant is not as good.
PS: Please cut up food into small bite sized pieces.
PSS: don’t forget to brush teeth and braces after eating.
Your friendly local orthodontist, Dr. Leo Toureno